Monday, June 13, 2011

End of the Year Wrap Up

This has been quite the year. I feel that I have really grown since the beginning of this year and the monsters that were my Ok Go and White Knuckles remix. I really brought myself back to easier styles of music and worked myself up from there. I took a look back at some of more successful projects from last year and used the good elements from those in my newer pieces. This year I also entered the realm of evolving drum loops and the mixer. The main inspiration for a lot of my music this year was Daft Punk. I always wanted to try to match their style but I couldn't quite figure out how they did it. In the process of making my third Poizone project, I discovered that Daft Punk occasionally uses the plug in Gross Beat, which soon became my secret weapon. In my final project I really tried to combine everything that I have learned this far. Noise Envelopes, Filters, Automation Clips, Frequency Modulation, etc. But my music will not end here. Over the summer I will be checking out indaba music and definitely want to participate in one remix project or another. Next year I will take a look at the music tech blog and possibly do some of the assignments. This year was only the beginning.

1 comment:

  1. It was a pleasure having you in class this year and listening to your music. Thanks for turning me on to Daft Punk too.
    Have an excellent summer!

    ReplyDelete